By Bean, Brewbike HQ, 06/30/2021
Head of Retail
Brewbike is changing the future of business for the future of all of us. We launch lean student-run coffee retail businesses on college campuses across the country. In the process, we’re equipping and enabling the next generation of American entrepreneurs. Brewbike was founded in 2016 by undergrads at Northwestern University. Since then, we’ve expanded to campuses nationwide, and trained hundreds of young entrepreneurs.
As our Head of Retail, you will be responsible for product quality, R&D and customer satisfaction for Brewbike’s retail and DTC portfolio. In this role, you’ll oversee design, build, and maintenance of our retail locations, develop excellent systems for product R&D, and generally ensure a world-class experience for our customers in all regards.
The Nitty Gritty
Job Title: Head of Retail
Comp: Salary, equity, benefits
Location: Austin, TX (potential for remote)
Job Type: Full-time
Visa: Not Available
POC: Randy Paris
You Should Apply For This Role If You:
- The idea of empowering and enabling young people gets you really excited
- Are obsessed with the art and science of retail
- Are skilled at delighting customers
- Have experience bringing a physical location to life
- Aren’t afraid to get your hands dirty and jump in on the action
- Can juggle many tasks at once - you prioritize and see through to completion
- Sweat the small stuff; you pay attention to detail and ensure top quality
- Get excited about continuous improvement and making things bigger, better, and faster
- Want to make a real impact and drive real results
- Are willing to being open about feedback in every direction
- Enjoy a fast-paced environment and being on the go
- Are interested in building skills in leadership, logistics, and project management
- Get excited by the idea of working for a small, dynamic company
- Vibe with “How We Operate,” listed at the bottom of this document
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Oversee design and builds of Brewbike’s retail locations
- Oversee product quality and development for our DTC SKUs
- Develop and oversee Brewbike’s retail menu and SKUs
- Build Brewbike’s R&D systems and pipeline for retail and DTC
- Ensure world-class customer satisfaction of Brewbike’s retail and DTC products
- Persistence, creativity, and a cool head in the face of day-to-day operational issues
- People skills; high emotional intelligence
- A growth mindset and desire to learn
- Passion for entrepreneurship and startups
- Willingness and ability to have difficult conversations
- Strong verbal communication skills
- An entrepreneurial attitude
Send an email with your resume to email@example.com and let us know in the body of the email why you’re interested in this opportunity. We’ll get back to you if we’d like to chat further.
How We Operate:
Students today, leaders tomorrow.
We exist to empower young people through entrepreneurial experience. We believe driven, engaged college students can manage real-world responsibilities and deliver real results. We communicate, cooperate, co-create and succeed together.
Hide nothing, hold nothing back.
We believe in sharing ideas, sentiments and criticism. We embody transparency, respect, and grace even when it’s uncomfortable.
Up for the task, down for the ride.
Whether brewing coffee, interacting with a customer, or communicating with our team, we execute at the highest level. Being a part of this team means enjoying the process and learning lessons along the way, while maintaining a commitment to excellence.
We get to whatever’s next first. We’re always thinking about new coffee concepts that surprise and delight. We’re cultivating a space where we think big, take risks, and take action. We commit ourselves fully to ambition. Other companies follow our lead.
We're an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status